RECIPE: Seared Sea Scallops Over Lemon Butter Pasta
Serves 2-4 people
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 16 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 tsp lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 pound dried pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, oregano, thyme and lemon pepper. Roll scallops in flour mixture until lightly coated on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over high heat. Add 4 scallops to the pan and sear on all sides (about 2 minutes for each side). After turning scallops, add 1 tbsp parsley and 1 tsp lemon juice. Remove scallops from pan and place on a plate in the oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Repeat until remaining scallops are cooked, tossing each batch with parsley and lemon juice.
- To create the sauce, after cooking scallops, melt the butter in the skillet and add lemon zest.
- Add cream to the butter and lemon zest mixture. Add the cooked pasta and lemon juice and stir until just heated through.
- Place the cooked scallops atop the sauced pasta. Serve with extra lemon zest and parmesan on the side.