Recipe: Creole Tomato & Avocado Salad on Toasted Baguette
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | BAKERY DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 1 Lakeview Grocery rustic baguette
- 1 English or small cucumber
- 2 medium or 1 large Creole tomato
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut baguette on an angle into rounds about a 1/4” thick. Place rounds onto a baking sheet and into oven for 6 minutes until crisp.
While the bread is crisping, peel and chop the cucumber, tomato and avocado into small chunks. Finely chop the cilantro. Place in a medium mixing bowl and top with paprika, black pepper and salt.
Gently mix all ingredients. Top the toasted baguettes with the salad, and sprinkle on a little more smoked paprika and cracked pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe: Creole Tomato BLT with Lakeview Grocery’s Remoulade
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 2 large green Creole tomatoes cut into 4 slices each
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 1 cup LG’s remoulade sauce
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- French bread, cut into 2 10” loaves then sliced in half
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup water (mix with eggs)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Frying oil
Gather all ingredients and prep according to directions. Set up breading station in 3 separate dishes: 1 with flour, 1 with bread crumbs and 1 with egg wash. Bread tomatoes starting with flour, then dip into egg wash, then cover with bread crumbs. Fry tomatoes in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Build your sandwich by placing fried tomatoes on bread. Top with bacon, remoulade sauce and lettuce, then with bread.
Recipe: Prosciutto-Wrapped Creole Tomatoes
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | MEAT & SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 Creole tomato wedges
- 8 chunks fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 large leaves sweet basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Wrap up 1 Creole tomato wedge, 1 mozzarella chunk and 1 basil leaf with 1 slice of prosciutto.
Use a toothpick if necessary to hold the wrap together.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe: Creole Tomato Salad
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | PRODUCE DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 3 Creole tomatoes cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
To prepare, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.
Recipe: Creole Tomato Caprese Salad
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT | WEB EXCLUSIVE | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 2 lbs Creole tomatoes
- 1 lb Ciliegini mozzarella, drained
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 lb Vidalia onion, shaved
- Salt and pepper
Cut tomatoes in fourths from top to bottom. Then cut pieces in half from side to side.
Peel and shave onion.
Mix balsamic glaze and olive oil until incorporated. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix gently, making sure not to break the tomatoes down too much.
Toss in chiffonade basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy at room temperature.