Recipe: Prosciutto-Wrapped Creole Tomatoes
CREOLE TOMATOES | MEAT & SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 Creole tomato wedges
- 8 chunks fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 large leaves sweet basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Wrap up 1 Creole tomato wedge, 1 mozzarella chunk and 1 basil leaf with 1 slice of prosciutto.
Use a toothpick if necessary to hold the wrap together.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe: Creole Tomato Salad
CREOLE TOMATOES | PRODUCE DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 3 Creole tomatoes cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
To prepare, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.
Recipe: Ultimate Creole BLT
CREOLE TOMATOES | BAKERY DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 8 – 3/4” thick slices Creole tomatoes
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 slices Applewood smoked bacon 1/4” thick
- 1/2 cup strips red onion, julienned
- 2 tbsp creole mayonnaise
- 4 – 1/2” thick slices Robért’s Rustic Sourdough
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4” thick slices
- 2 cups butter lettuce leaves • Softened butter for toast
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place tomato slices on a tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Lay bacon on a baking sheet, and season with a generous amount of black pepper. Brush some of the juices from the seasoned tomatoes onto the bacon and top with red onions. Roast the bacon until golden brown and fat has rendered, about 20 minutes.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of sourdough. Place under broiler to toast one side only.
Spread mayonnaise on untoasted sides of the sourdough. Top each with 3 slices bacon and onions. Reserve bacon drippings. Season avocado with salt and pepper, and place on top of bacon. Follow with 2 marinated tomato slices.
In a separate bowl, toss the lettuce and tarragon with a small amount of the bacon drippings and season with salt and pepper. Top sandwiches with the salad and serve warm.
Recipe: Creole Tomato Caprese Salad
CREOLE TOMATOES | FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT | PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
- 2 lbs Creole tomatoes
- 1 lb Ciliegini mozzarella, drained
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 lb Vidalia onion, shaved
- Salt and pepper
Cut tomatoes in fourths from top to bottom. Then cut pieces in half from side to side.
Peel and shave onion.
Mix balsamic glaze and olive oil until incorporated. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix gently, making sure not to break the tomatoes down too much.
Toss in chiffonade basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy at room temperature.